|Location|| ||732 Joseph E. Lowery Blvd., NW|
Atlanta, GA 30318
Who We Are:
The Atlanta Community Food Bank is working to end hunger in our community with the food, people and big ideas needed so that no one worries where their next meal is coming from. Since 1979, we’ve been providing food for a growing network of nonprofit partners – including food pantries, community kitchens, child care centers, night shelters and senior centers. We currently serve more than 600 partners in 29 counties across metro Atlanta and north Georgia.
Where You’ll Work:
Marketing, Communications, Public Affairs Department
About the Role:
As the Public Relations Coordinator, you will support media relations and other PR functions for the Atlanta Community Food Bank. Additionally, you will work closely with the Director of Communications and our PR Firm to implement our PR strategy and collaborate with fellow communicators, marketers, designers, and Organizational leadership.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Marketing or some related field or equivalent, relevant experience
- Must have 1-2 years of relevant work experience
Even Better if You Have:
- Microsoft Office expertise, including powerpoint, word, and excel
Even Better if You Have:
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Working knowledge of Media tracking platform (e.g. Cision, Trendkite, etc)
And You'll Love this Position if:
- You are by nature - a quick learner, detail oriented and have super organizational skills;
- You enjoy collaborating with a team to come up with creative ideas and seeing the results of your plans while working in a fun team environment
- You are self-motivated and work well both independently and within a team environment
- You have the ability to focus on multiple projects at once and to troubleshoot problems quickly
- You have the ability to interpret requests and turn them into viable design solutions to achieve business goals
- You have the willingness to dive head-first into research and learn industry terms / markets quickly
There may be some Physical Demands and Travel:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employee is routinely required to lift 20 lbs.