|Location|| ||9400 North Royal Lane|
Irving, TX 75063
|Employee Type|| ||Full Time|
|Minimum Experience|| ||5 Years|
|Required Degree|| ||High School|
SUMMARY: Assembles and builds-out telecommunications devices or assemblies that are mechanical or electro-mechanical in configuration; typically containing a rack or cabinet, shelves, back planes, rectifies, heat baffle assemblies, surge protection panels, AC panels, alarms, cabling and other associated telecommunications devices. These assemblies may be fully populated and complex in nature and are assembled with attention to detail and quality needed to meet or exceed KGP and customer expectations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; other duties may be assigned:
- Must possess all the skill level requirements of AWT Assembler Level 3.
- Must have ability to train AWT Assembler Levels 1 through 3 in all phases of electromechanical assembly.
- Must know and understand product customer requirements, including ability to read, interpret and explain engineering drawings, diagrams, schematics and documents.
- Must be able to determine and recognize material defects in both equipment and workmanship; must be able to initiate corrective actions and suggest and implement preventive actions.
- Is responsible to ensure that all documentation related to an AWT assembly job is current and legible.
- Conducts in-progress assembly and/or product audits
- Complete, distribute and file any records or documentation required by or associated with an assembly job under supervision.
- Keeps accurate materials inventory records and records of materials shipped.
- Create/build documents and diagrams to assist in AWT production using NPA, SOP or Engineering documents.
- Be prepared to build cables/alarms from available, provided stock materials.
- Package finished products according to customer shipping/packaging requirements.
- Performs other duties as requested by supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Shift work may be required and assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School graduate or GED equivalent, or a minimum of five years of documented telecommunications electromechanical assembly experience. Skills required include the ability to schedule personnel and workloads, use all tools associated with the AWT process and the ability to lead and teach assembly line personnel. Computer skills are required. Must demonstrate knowledge of team building and line management skills.