|Location|| ||2000 West Winona Ave|
Warsaw, IN 46580
|Employee Type|| ||Full Time|
SUMMARY: Assembles and builds-out telecommunications devices or assemblies that are mechanical or electro-mechanical in configuration; typically containing a rack or cabinet, shelves, back planes, rectifies, heat baffle assemblies, surge protection panels, AC panels, alarms, cabling and other associated telecommunications devices. These assemblies may be fully populated and complex in nature and are assembled with attention to detail and quality needed to meet or exceed KGP and customer expectations. Shifts are 4 - 10 hour days. (Mon-Thurs 6am - 4:30pm OR Sun-Wed 7pm - 5:30am)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; other duties may be assigned:
- Must understand and follow KGP Safety practices.
- Must practice quality awareness and have the ability to implement quality control processes and procedures.
- Must learn and demonstrate the proper use of tools associated with assemble-wire-test.
- Performs unpacking, checking for damaged product, inventory of all job-related materials.
- Under supervision, performs assigned physical and mechanical assembly activities, including cabling, power connections and grounding.
- Performs other duties as requested by supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Shift work may be required and assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School graduate or GED equivalent or a minimum of two years documented assembly work experience. Requires demonstrated ability to learn and understand basic electromechanical processes. Must have ability to learn to read and understand technical drawings, schematics and documentation; must have the ability to learn electrical color codes. Must have a minimum of two years of AWT Assembler I time in grade or documented proficiency before eligible for promotion to AWT Assembler 2.