|Location|| ||Nashville, TN 37201|
|Relocation Expense Covered|| ||No|
|Employee Type|| ||Full Time|
|Minimum Experience|| ||3 Years|
|Maximum Experience|| ||10 Years|
|Required Degree|| ||None|
|Manage Others|| ||No|
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; other duties may be assigned:
- Loads software, determines initial network parameters, and commissions equipment by testing and validating functionality. Supports customer activation of new circuits by testing connections to other pieces of equipment and integrating/mapping circuits on the network. Performs preventive or reactive maintenance of network equipment. Uses test equipment such as: STT, MTT, JDSU and Fiber Optic Power meters, to perform circuit testing such as, DS-1 / 3’s; OC-3 to 192; GIG-E; Fast Ethernet. Performs the Long Haul Integration as needed. Sonet, DWDM and PON fiber knowledge required. Experience with Cisco (7600, CRS, ASR), Alcatel Lucent 7750 and 7360, Juniper (SRX, T and MX Series) preferred.
- Assist Installation in completing related KGPCo projects when necessary to meet customer expectations.
- Act as a customer contact. Interface with customers and local supervisors to clarify project status.
- Learn new equipment software and interfaces to help expand business opportunities.
- Work well within a team
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good customer service skills
- Good computer soft skills required
- Adaptable to changing environments
- Reliable transportation and tools
- Willing to travel extensively (75-100%)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Associate Degree in an appropriate technology desirable
- 4+ years working field knowledge of PON fiber networks.
- Experience commissioning and Integrating at least 2 of the following: Cisco (7600, CRS, ASR) Lucent (7750, 7360) or Juniper (SRX, T and MX series)
- TP76300 Standards Knowledge
- Review Method of Procedure (MOP) with customer prior to start of project.