|Location|| ||500 Sumner Way|
New Century, KS 66031
|Employee Type|| ||Full Time|
|Minimum Experience|| ||5 Years|
|Required Degree|| ||High School|
|Manage Others|| ||Yes|
KGPCo is a leading provider of complete, customized and scalable supply chain and network transformation solutions for the communications industry. KGPCo serves a diverse set of customers and partners. The customer base includes network operators, integrators, contractors, utilities, cloud services providers, neutral host providers, equipment manufacturers and enterprises who connect people, places and things.
KGPCo employs over 2000 employees across the United States. KGPCo’s vision is to be the go-to partner enabling our customers to build, optimize and transform networks that connect the world. We are looking for top performers who are focused on results. We are seeking an Assistant Manager for our Distribution Center in New Century, KS. We are looking for individuals that have experience leading a team within a warehouse operation. If you have a strong work ethic, desire to grow, proven ability to show up with the utmost of punctuality, and enjoy working hard, you’d be a great fit.
This will be accomplished through a stellar combination of exceptional leadership, superior knowledge of warehouse operations and management systems, and relevant industry experience.
We are seeking someone who wants to grow with us, as we see the potential to grow this business.
- Assists in the direction of all Distribution Center departments including Order-picking, Shipping, Receiving, Returned Goods Inventory, and Quality Control to ensure timely and cost effective operations and adherence to company policies and procedures
- Ensures all warehouse area housekeeping standards are maintained and adhered to as well as all Safety procedures and that OSHA applicable standards are met.
- Track and control manpower within budget while ensuring that distribution schedules are met.
- Evaluate workflow needs and inventory activity to manage the allocation of employees between departments
- Responsible for emergency coverage (24x7)
- Manages clerical staff performing support activities
- Conducting facility tours for existing and potential clients.
- Management of Performance and Labor Management Systems
- Responsible for assisting management to TL9000 compliant standards and maintaining audit evidence
- Responsible for monitoring employee attendance, productivity, and other performance markers and by generating counseling forms and counseling employees, as needed.
- Prepares and approves all direct report performance appraisals, assures Center compliance to H/R policies, and follows all company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in distribution and logistics, including experience in a pick, pack, and ship operation is required.
- Ability to develop a strong team and increase employee performance at an operational level is required.
- Experience managing a facility of 150,000 sq ft or larger, with at least 50 employees, is required.