|Location|| ||3305 Minnesota 60|
Faribault, MN 55021
|Employee Type|| ||Full Time|
KGPCo is a leading provider of complete, customized and scalable supply chain and network transformation solutions for the communications industry. KGPCo serves a diverse set of customers and partners. The customer base includes Cable Companies (MSO) network operators, integrators, contractors, cloud services providers, neutral host providers, equipment manufacturers and enterprises who connect people, places and things.
KGPCo employs over 2000 employees across the United States. KGPCo’s vision is to be the go-to partner enabling our customers to build, optimize, and transform networks that connect the world. We continually seek out top performers who achieve individual and team results, live and lead the KGPCo core values, think big-picture, and are lifelong learners.
We are looking to fill a Credit & Payment Specialist role at our Corporate office in Faribault, MN. We are seeking individuals who want to grow with us, as we see the potential to grow this business and to progress in this role. A successful candidate will have 2 years of experience reviewing, analyzing, and underwriting financial data, be self-motivated, and a strong focus on customer service.
The Credit & Payment Specialist is responsible for conducting credit investigations and collecting payment on accounts of current customers. This is a full-time position with the option of a flexible schedule and work arrangement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; other duties may be assigned:
- Review and analyze financial and credit information pertaining to prospective and existing customers.
- Spread financials to determine credit lines on a variety of customers, ranging in size and complexity. Conduct customer credit analysis & set credit limits for new & existing customers
- Provide subjective and objective risk taking and summarize the information in a detailed written analysis.
- Support the establishment of and maintenance of credit policy and processes including, but not limited to, bad debt reserve, credit applications, credit limit changes, order releases, account review, allocation review, acquisitions and audit.
- Ensure credit risk analysis is performed within guidelines to avoid unnecessary risk.
- Participate in process development projects and take an active role in understanding cross-functional team impact to assist in driving quality improvements, processes and initiatives.
- Make entries using our CRM tool to document account changes that drive reporting.
- Set and manage the credit limits of both potential and current customers per the corporate fiscal policy.
- Responsible for a portfolio up to $30 million in accounts receivable.
- Meet set targets relating to credit risk management and AR.
- Work with customers, leadership, and in conjunction with sales/division management to protect the company against unnecessary risk and potential bad debt.
- Achieve set Individual and team targets to include but not limited to DSO targets
- Proactively contact customers to ensure accounts receivables are received timely.
- Identify & escalate issues with accounts to Team Lead and/or Credit & Collections Director when necessary and be focused on improving processes when possible.
- Adhere to all corporate policies & procedures
- Prepare various periodic reports as requested by Management.
- Review collection reports to ascertain status of collections and balances outstanding.
- Interfaces with customers as required in resolving customer credit issues.
- Reconcile customer account ledgers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Provide guidance to junior level Credit Analysts
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university preferred; two years related analyst experience is required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Microsoft Excel experience is required (V-look ups, pivot tables, etc.).
- Ability to multi-task and remain organized is a must.
- Strong internal and external customer service and relationship management skills are required