|Location|| ||200 Industrial Dr|
Fredonia, WI 53021
|Employee Type|| ||FT Exempt|
|Job Category|| ||Engineering, PLC Programming, Automation|
|Industry|| ||High Speed Packaging, Manufacturing|
|Minimum Experience|| ||3 Years|
|Required Degree|| ||4 Year Degree|
|Name|| ||Human Resources|
|Phone|| ||No phone calls please|
CANDIDATES APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION MUST COMPLETE OUR CULTURE INDEX SURVEY BY FOLLOWING THIS LINK:
This position is a blend of Manufacturing Engineering and Electrical Automation. The main responsibilities of this position are to provide process improvements support to the production lines via automation and cycle time reduction while leading new electrical projects and troubleshooting electrical/PLC issues. You will aid mechanics in developing their electrical troubleshooting skills. You will work together with the Engineering and Production departments to identify constraints that are causing us to achieve less than 85% Overall Equipment Efficiency. You will then be involved with the design and implementation of the “fixes” to the line.
Essential Job Functions
- Evaluates manufacturing processes and make them Faster, Better, Cheaper, Simpler (FBCS) by applying knowledge of product design, processing, and programming, as well as conferring with equipment vendors and soliciting observations from operators.
- Provide support for Production, Blending, and Maintenance when they are struggling with a problem.
- Train Maintenance to troubleshoot electrical problems.
- Lead and implement small to medium sized electrical projects.
- Coordinate and work with contractors on larger electrical projects.
- Provides feedback to other departments on repairs or improvements via emails, or postings such as One Point Lessons.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
- Be a support person for production lines when they have electrical issues or need to expand their capabilities.
- Assists in design and development projects by providing equipment capabilities and proving out concepts on equipment.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by supporting the mechanical side of engineering on joint projects.
- Identify root causes of reoccurring machine failures and find a means to reduce or eliminate them.
- Manage capital projects including specifying, justifying, purchasing, qualifying, installing, and training on new pieces of equipment.
- Participate in High Performance Work Team activities and Kaizen events.
- Other tasks for the benefit of the company.
- Strong electrical aptitude
- Experience in PLC, HMI & VFD required
- Motion Control, Vision, Industrial Networking a plus
- Prior CAD/electrical design experience preferred
- High speed packaging and/or processing experience is a plus
- Positive attitude - Flexibility
- Excellent attendance
- Lean Manufacturing experience a plus